Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Post (Caution- Not A Lot To Do With Easter)

Happy Easter everyone!

Well, today started with a fantastic breakfast with the family, then I was off to work (again). The good news is that I have Tuesday off, so I can join in the festivities of my brother/mom’s birthday parties. And I am also off tonight at about 8pm, so I have one more evening left to enjoy spring break before school starts up again.. *sigh*

So last night when I got home I was watching some cartoons, and there was an advertisement for the Utah Symphony. They where advertising a show that they are going to be doing, and it is a laser light show while they are playing video game music. Does this sound equally retarded to any one else? Is this what we have to do to get people to go to the symphony? Laser lights and video game music? Sadly, apperantly so. That is what our society is coming to. When the average person thinks: ”I aint goin me to no symphony unlesses they gots some lasers and plays music from the x-box.”, that is when you know culture is going down the crapper. So, as long as we are ruining classical music, I have composed a list of things that actually would be better with laser lights and video game music. So, without further adieu, here is The List of Things That Actually Would Be Improved with Laser Lights and Video Game Music:

1-My job.

2-Your job.

3-Weddings.

4-Hanna Montana.

5-Amber Alerts.

6-Hanna Montana’s Amber Alert (you know it’s coming).

7-The Maverick and/or the 7-11.

8-Wal*Mart (well, there really is no helping that hell hole).

9-Oprah.

10-Dr. Phil.

11-Country music shows, and the CMT channel in general.

12-Jackson Hole, WY (I’m serious, the entire city).

13-NASCAR

14-The Tabernacle Choir

15-My car.

16-Mini-vans (no, I don’t drive one).

17-Golf.

18-Line-dancing (usually only performed by the mentally retarded).

19-Anything Larry the Cable Guy.

20-Tomatoes (wait, there is no helping those).

So, after making the above list, I decided to take a quiz to see how emotionally mature I am. I found the link to the quiz on another blog, and here are the results:

74% Grown-up, 26% Kid- Congratulations, you are definitely quite emotionally mature. Although you have your moments of moodiness, you're usually stable and level headed.

Does that mean that I am old beyond my days? Well, maybe. But the questions were more ‘relationship oriented’. That is good, because I like to think of myself as a little ‘kid at heart’ in other matters, and From Russia with Love and I have had very few problems.

The same page that I took the quiz also had some other interesting ones. For example, the city that I belong in is Paris; my brain color is purple, and the super power that I should have is Mind Reading. That combination spells all kinds of trouble if you ask me.

That’s it for today folks. I’m outie.

P.S.- Do you ever eat so much that your back hurts?... Damn you Carls Jr.!

T

No comments: