Good afternoon everyone,
Well, here I sit at work on another slow Saturday afternoon. Everything is going well, and I am going to be covering for a co-worker tomorrow who had fallen in the break room and injured her knee. Needless to say on this subject, I am going to spend the weekend here, in this chair, and not much of anywhere else.
I am taking two classes this summer, and one of them is in full swing. The other does not start until the second week of June. So here is my one class check list for the day:
Under-Grad Laboratory- This class (if you could not guess by the title) is nothing but lab work. I always get messed up in labs, missing a little of this or that here and there, but this should be fine. Word around the camp fire on this class though, says that it is a tough one. We will see how the out come is. I was in the first session of the lab yesterday, and it was not bad at all. The professor and the TA are much more helpful than in past experiences, so I have high hopes for this one.
Everything else is going fine. Work is just work, the same nuisances, free time, friends, problems and stress. Not much to say about it for the time being.
From Russia with Love is at an Indian Dance Getaway Thing for the weekend, so I have a lot of time to spend on nothing late at night. That means it is usually time to watch terrible tongue-in-cheek horror movies. So, last night, that is just what I did. I was sorely disappointed. I watched The Nun, and it was an hour and a half of painful bad acting, plot holes, bad special effects and illogical twists. I was hoping for some kind of humor, any kind really, and emerged angry for missing any sort of television that might have been on during that time. Even an infomercial would have been better…
And lastly but not leastly, I thought that I would do another quiz thingy from another blog. Yes, another one. I’m sorry if you get bored with these things, but I do enjoy them from time to time. I do promise you that this blog will not turn into just these however. So, here we go,
1. You have $5 and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do buy?
Coffee, Diet Coke and Corn Nuts.
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
Octopus. That would be awesome.
3. Who's your favorite redhead?
Guy or girl? My answer depends on that a lot…
4. What do you order when you're at IHOP?
Depends on what time of the day I am there…
5. Last book you read?
Text books… sigh.
6. Describe your favorite pair of underwear.
7. Describe the last time you were injured.
I was working on a new cage for my snake and got a few cuts from the plexi-glass.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
From Russia with Love.
9. Steelers or Cowboys?
What is a ‘Steeler’? I thought that it was supposed to be Indians…
10. What is the wallpaper of your mobile phone?
The Eye of Ra.
11. Fizzy drink?
12. What type of top/teeshirt are you wearing?
Corona beer shirt.
13. If you could only use one form of transportation for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Real: Mustang I guess. I’m not much of a ‘car guy’.
Fictional: Any thing that floats, levitates or hovers. That is always cool.
14. Most recent movie you've watched at the cinema:
15. How do you feel about your love life right now?
16. What's your favorite kind of cake?
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
Spaghetti and French fries. I guess I’m quite international.
18. Favorite Weird Al song?
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Not my flip flops. That might get difficult.
20. Favorite toy as a child?
All kinds. I love toys.
21. Do you buy your own food?
Depends on the day.
22. Han Solo or Malcolm Reynolds?
23. When's the last time you had a double tall caffeinated thingy with extra foam?
I hate foam.
24. What's your favorite fruit?
I don’t have a favorite. I likes them all.
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
Nope. I do not function upside down.
26. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
27. Have you ever eaten snow?
Who has not?
28. What color are your bedsheets?
Black… to match the underwear.
29. What's your mom's favorite flower?
I have no idea. She picks them out. I know she hates Petunias though.
30. Is there anything weirder than the site GoofyAuctions. com?
Of course. There is always a bigger fish.
31. Do you listen to classical music?
32. Do you have a "wacky noodle"?
He he he he he he….
33. Do you watch Spongebob?
34. Last food you ate?
35. Do people consider you intelligent?
Yes. I am smarter than the average bear…
36. Rachel or Monica?
I have no idea who these women are. There goes the intelligent thing…
37. Page or Clapton?
Can’t we all just get along?
38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
Yes, yes I have. I also met with the expected results.
39. What curse word do you use the most?
I don’t play favorites. Which ever suits the situation…
40. Would you ever get the top AND bottom of you navel pierced?
How much would you pay me?
41. What time is your damn alarm clock set for?
Depends on the day. I think 9am right now.
42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Ghosts I-IV, by Nine Inch Nails.
43. What movie do you know every line to?
I can not list them all here.
44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Bleu Cheese or Ranch.
45. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Yes. In fact I have before.
46. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
47. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
I do not eat butterflies.
49. What's the way people most often mispronounce your name?
They don’t. Unless you happen to be from Russia, with some imported Love, then from time to time it’s ‘Tommy’. (Just kidding honey! I love you!)
50. If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name?
Why would I need to do that? In fact, a lot of famous people are known by last name only…
51. What is your name?
What’s it to you, and who wants to know?
52. What is your quest?
What’s it to you, and who wants to know?
53. What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
I’ll get back to you.
54. Hot dogs or Hamburgers?
Depends what we are topping them with.
Monday, May 12, 2008
???- 5/11/08, Mother’s Day
Nichol-Bear, our Holiday Dog; you lumbered into my Grandfather’s yard one Christmas Eve after being hit by a car, and you could not have picked a better place to wander into that snowy and cold night. The family you chose was the best one a dog could ask for. An Eden of spoils awaited the remainder of your years, and you lived every one of them to the fullest a dog could, never wanting, and always loved. We gave you all we could, and we never gave up on you; ever.
We gave you every fighting chance and then some, but alas, dear Nick, some things are left to the judgment and will of God alone.
Those blue eyes wandering, thinking, cleaver and curious will forever charm us, and the way you rolled in the snow and liked you chin scratched will always remain a tribute to life’s simple pleasures, none of which you took for granted, and brought those moments to share in the happiest times we had.
You gave us many years of mischief, laughter, adventures and love. You will always hunt and gather with this pack, and your paw print will never fade from our hearts, a print of vitality, luck and fortune.
We love you always Nick, and you will be missed.
Posted by A.P. at 9:36 AM