Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ramblings and Bithday Resolutions

So I spent the better part of the morning reading about my buddy Dr. MookieLove’s trip to New Orleans (pronounced: now-lynn-zz). Sounds very interesting, I think I would like to see it some day. He was awesome enough to bring me back a very cool Voodoo doll. For prosperity and success I think (I don’t have the little tag in front of me). He said that he didn’t know if it was genuine, but he said the lady he bought it from was genuine creepy. It’s very cool. All you could hope for in a Voodoo doll.

And I watched Employee Of The Month last night with From Russia with Love. Very formulaic and Jessica Simpson is a horrible actress, but it did have some funny parts which made it worth at least watching once.





So as soon as I finish this entry, I am going to get started on some homework. I know I say that a lot in here, but it really is all that I’m doing. I promise. There is NOTHING new and exciting to write about. Just work, school, homework, a little time with From Russia with Love and then all over again (wash, rinse and repeat).

Last but not least: this is my final blog entry at the age of 24. Too soon I will be getting yet another year older and another day patiently waiting for the rest of my life to get here. That’s just the thing: all I seem to be doing is working for the soon, and not enjoying the now. Maybe I should start a new tradition. It will be along the lines of a New Year’s Resolution, but a Birthday Resolution. The main difference will be that you are supposed to take this one seriously. It will be easier than a New Years because it is the day when you realize how old you are and what you have (not) accomplished through out your life, not just the last year. Mine this year will be a “stop and smell the roses” type of thing. There is a significant amount in my life that I think could also be bettered by a “glass is half full” out look. I do try on that, really I do. However upon viewing the metaphoric beverage in question, my default response is usually one of the following:

1. Not only is the glass half empty, but the water is dirty.

2. I ordered coffee.

So take my suggestion to heart and try it out (I know I will. I need a change, and I’m sure you might as well). And if you forget about this idea, don’t worry: you will be reminded constantly when my birthday is a national holiday.

T

No comments: