Monday, September 10, 2007

The Devil is in the Details

There’s not a lot that can bring your dull daily routine to a disgusting realization than when you’re trying to write about it. It sort of beats you over the head with how un-adventurous life can be. I am in school working towards something. That’s what keeps me going on a lot of it I suppose. I can say to myself: “yeah, it’s mundane and Omni-time-consuming, but at least it’s for something better.” Or at least I hope so. From Russia with Love says I should write a book, but maybe just a few short stories to start off with. Anyway, without further adieu here are the tedious details of my classes:

Calculus III- taking derivatives and integrals of vectors and their special properties.

Modern Optics I&II- thin lenses and the diffraction of light through them, and the corresponding focal points.

Lab for P.S. & E. II- won’t really have anything until tomorrow afternoon.

This also leads me to wonder exactly what I am going to do with my Physics degree (which is a common question I get asked when I tell people what my major is). Here are a few goals of mine:

1. Attach 4 giant metal arms to my back and do battle with a fellow nerd in a blue and red spiderthemed costume.

2.Invent artificial intelligence so my car can turn into a 20 foot robot.

3.Perfect a doomsday device and conquer all of humanity.

4.Brag.

5.Something useful.

Now it’s work for the rest of the evening. I have a little bit of homework that I am going to start as soon as I get done with this blog entry. The assignment is on Brownian Motion.
I’ll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

On another note, my buddy Dr. MookieLove is going to New Orleans tomorrow. I’m going to ask him to go to a witch doctor so he can bring me back a resurrected chicken. And maybe a voodoo doll as well. That would be cool. And give me a little more spice in my routine. I would still be mostly repeating the same mindless tasks, but I could say “I did it with a voodoo doll”. What could I possibly name a voodoo doll I wonder?

T

No comments: