Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday And Then Some

Well everyone,

Work is slower than cold tar. I’ve done all the studying that my brain can handle at this point. And of course, no school today. So let’s do a Saturday morning checklist:

Get up at 9:30- nope. Didn’t do that one. Try late noon-ish.

Go to the bank- I needed to deposit my check. And due to the above mentioned predicament: nope. Didn’t do that one either. I can do it Monday though. No hurry.

Get haircut- this one I did accomplish. For the next few weeks I am ‘Professor Drop-Dead-Gorgeous T’.

Eat lunch- this one took me two attempts. The first try I was at home, with nothing in the fridge, and thought: “hey, I could try one of Mom’s garden burgers! And look- we have South Western Style!”……..and that was a bad idea. They were awful. Even with mustard, then cheese, and last but not least: gravy. After three attempts to make it appetizing, I decided that trying to make this good is about as effective as plucking hairs from an eggshell. Best left for dog food they are (I am not kidding, that is what Mom uses them for). Not to disparage garden burgers, I did not try one of the regular ones. Just the ones I tried to eat. So before work I went to the never failing Carl’s Jr. I procured myself some ‘almost-as-nasty as the garden burger, but not quite’ food. That was digestable.

Work- Guess what? I got nothin’.

And last but not least: Movies. From Russia with Love and I went to go see Untraceable. And here is the review:

Untraceable This movies premise: a psycho killer starts a web site. He hooks up the killing machine to the website. The more people that visit the site, the faster the victim dies. Enter Cyber Crimes FBI agent: spunky yet tormented single mom who becomes victim to the killer’s hacking abilities in the process of tracking him down. He hacks into her home computer. He hacks into her cell phone. He hacks into her car’s computer. I’m not kidding; it was that bad. And get this: the name of the computer program he uses to do all this is called a “Back Door Trojan”. How the cast was able to repeat this line throughout the movie with a straight face is beyond me. I think they should all get Oscars for that. As for the rest of it: Unwatchable. That pretty much sums it up.

T

No comments: