Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Academic frustrations and Sweet, Sweet Zen

Hello everyone,

Not much with the exception of work and school has happened in the last couple of days. Both have been busy enough to keep me on the fringe of insanity, and not busy enough to push me over the edge. Here is hoping that is stays at just that magic point with a hope for a bit of a roll back. I would rather the roll back, but in all practicality that is not a likely outcome in the coming weeks. Work has been getting slower and busier at the same time (figure that one out). And speaking of the Devil, here I sit with not a lot to do, and a lot to do at the same time. I won’t bore all of you with the tedious nature of what I am (or am not) doing, so here is the School update:

Thermodynamics- The studying I did has paid off. I received a 90% on my last homework assignment, which is spectacular considering it was on the hardest material to date.

Quantum Mechanics and Relativity- Well, I took a mid term in this course last week (remember my grumblings?) and the results came back today. I said this before about Thermodynamics, and now I get to say it again about this class: I HATE it when the Professor goes over the solutions and CAN’T TAKE HIS OWN TEST! The monologue in front of the black board consisted of WAY too many “oops, where did I screw that up!?! And: oh well, if you plug the numbers in, it works out.” Yeah, that’s fine for you, but we are graded on this! Does that mean that I can put that as an acceptable answer next time? Does this mean that I can say: “Oops, well, it will work; trust me. I think” and get an A? Speaking of which, my grade wasn’t as bad as I had thought, but I still need to step it up a bit. Especially if the problems are tough enough to stump their author. *sigh*

Theoretical Electromagnetism- It just keep going and going and going and going……..

Other things haven’t been going at all. All work no play make T a tired boy. I have said that before, but damn if it ain’t the truth.

Fortune Cookie Today- I love it when my lunch gives me advice and inner peace and the Men in White Coats don’t come after me. Here’s today’s sugary enlightenment:

“There are lessons to be learned by listening to others”

Considering the above rant about school, I have been forced into a deep meditation on the peculiar situation over the revelation in my mystical baked goods: Is my food mocking me?

T

No comments: