Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fair Follies and Fall Break

Good afternoon everyone,

How do you spell relief?- F-A-L-L B-R-E-A-K. That is coming up right after my Electronics Lab and Lecture tonight. I will update the R&D Pages with more of my school work over the break, because I do plan on spending the entire thing studying. I know, for as excited as I seemed in sentences before, it will give me a nice opportunity to do some much needed catching up. Not only that, but I may have time to read other things than text books... finally...

In other news; I went to the campus Science and Technology Career Fair. Being a Physics Major, I thought that would be an excellent place to seek out future employment and opportunities. To my dismay, this was not exactly the case. There were a few places that seemed promising, but I did not appreciate the eye-rolling and laughter because you are looking for a "(insert type here) Engineer", and not anyone who has any type of physics degree... Oh, and get this- I was told by a nuclear power plant company that, and I quote: " we are not really looking for physicists. There might be a job you can do here or there, but we generally don't look for physics majors."- Really? Are you kidding? You dunces deserve all of your hippie protestors.

And the two old biddies who actually laughed at me, and I quote again: "Applied Physics! Ha-ha, oh... what on earth were you thinking you could do with that? Good luck! Hah-ha" Well, hag, here is my answer: a lot more than you, because remember; you are working at a career fair! That is the high point of your professional life!

I would like to thank those who were patient, even though I was not their ideal employee, and a special thanks to everyone who actually helped out with career options (3 total, including the F.B.I., N.S.A., and the nice fellow from Dougway). To everyone else, I am sorry that I could not bring more to your company. If you should change your mind, I have prepared a special Cover Letter and Resume for you:


Dear Giggling Biddies and Eye-Rolling Recruiters:

Sincerely,
M.S.

2 comments:

$teve said...

I'm surprised that you went with "Sincerely, M.S." instead "God-damn the whole lot of you, A.P. (Angry Physicist)" :)

Also, might I suggest a larger font on the resume & cover letter? :)

A.P. said...

I did want to make it as professional as possible...