Friday, February 1, 2008

The Dumb Found

Hey everyone,

The office of TonyLand Security ahs put me on a Snooze Alert 7. the All-Quieta is making me more sleepy as the evening goes on. Tonight’s post will be kind of quick, as I do have much studying to do. I’m not quite the expert on Electromagnetism yet, but it is coming and this is your warning. I will post detailed notes of my findings, so you will all be up to speed as well. I only had one class today, so only one item on the checklist:

Thermodynamics- More of the same from last time. Cant really say that it is really interesting, but we are going over probability, and that is rater cool (no pun intended on the “cool”, as we are covering temperature). We are also going over work done on systems by heat.

I found an interesting item in the news. A couple of game shows have gotten together, and have given us a list of the “Dumbest Ever Quiz Answers”. I thought the story rather amusing, as I found myself taking the quiz questions with them. Here are the winners from Yahoo News:

1. Presenter: What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963?
Contestant: I don't know, I wasn't watching it then

2. Presenter: Which American actor is married to Nicole Kidman?
Contestant: Forrest Gump

3. Presenter: In which country is Mount Everest?
Contestant: Er, it's not in Scotland is it?

4. Presenter: Name a film starring Bob Hoskins that is also the
name of a famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci
Contestant: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

5. Presenter: In which European city was the first opera house
opened in 1637?
Contestant: Sydney

6. Presenter: How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and
Israel last?
Contestant: (after long pause) Fourteen days

7. Presenter: Where did the D-Day landings take place?
Contestant: (after pause) Pearl Harbor?

8. Presenter: What is the currency in India?
Contestant: Ramadan

9. Presenter: Johnny Weissmuller died on this day. Which
jungle-swinging character clad only in a loin cloth did he
play?
Contestant: Jesus

The ones that I missed: 3, 4, 5, 8. In my defense, I would have not given those answers, knowing they are obviously wrong, however if I did not know the answer and was on one of those shows, I would try and go out with a bang. So it kind of makes one wonder, how many seriously thought that, and how many knew their time was up and wanted to go out on a chuckle.

I’m outie ya’ll. Duty calls.

T

No comments: