Thursday, January 31, 2008

Coming To You Live From Thursday Night

Good evening everyone,

For those of you who haven’t heard my grumblings about my Theoretical Electromagnetism course, I will spare you the whining that I have bestowed upon others (namely Mom and From Russia with Love). The class is just a growing problem that is going to require my full attention, while running empty on other things. It’s a bit over whelming, and I would like to thank every one in advance for the support because I am going to need it. Now let’s get the checklist out of the way:

Quantum Mechanics and Relativity- This course is getting more interesting by the day. We are already into Quantum Mechanics and nearing the end, with the cool mind-bending Relativity around the corner. Awesome, this is why I love Physics. Science to me is not just a way of understanding the world around you, but also the fascinating things you find when you dig deep. The world is more than just trees and houses and cars, there are amazing things that happen all the time around you. Sometimes to me it’s like being some where else, an escape from everything and it’s with me everywhere.

Thermodynamics- Mostly uninteresting stuff to report here. We are covering Enthalpy, and the definition of “Temperature”, which is mathematically much more complicated than one might think.

Theoretical Electromagnetism- (see above)

Other things- Work has been going well, despite the dismal morale. There are a lot of changes on the horizon, and they may not all be in calm waters. So to gain insight I had my friend Bubbles give me a Tarot Card reading for my present career situation. Here we go:

Card 1- The Princess of Swards This card represents the past. It means that I have been creative in my thinking, and it is supposed to contain a message. What that is I am not sure, but I may find out later. It just reminds me of a favorite quote of mine “Any man can learn from his mistakes, but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others”- (Chinese saying)

Card 2- The Devil- This one represents the present (I know I got the willies too, how appropriate right?). This represents trickery, deceit and oppression, and the message to me is supposed to be that I do not need to resort to deceitful ways to achieve what I want. That is always good advice. Oh, and to try and shed myself of my materialistic ways. That will happen on the 12th of Nevembuary.


Card 3- The Queen of Hearts This card is supposed to be the future. It is protective, smart, caring etc. and usually a person I will meet or become. It takes care of the less fortunate and, basically, it reminds me of another old quote who no one knows said: “Give a man a fish, you will feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, you will feed him for a lifetime.” Sounds pretty positive to me, or a lot to look forward to (I could be pretty important). Depending how much stock you put into these sorts of things right? Or maybe I'm being taught how to fish.

That will do it for me this evening. Congratulations to my cousin B. who just gave birth to the newest member of the family, Lil’ J, we are all very excited. Now it’s time to get work done, and then to study. I am going to be an expert on Electromagnetism by next class, you just wait. Time to bait the hooks.

T

No comments: