Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Hallow’s Eve

The day after Halloween, and as usual: not much sleep. And today seems much worse that normal, I just can’t get my brain to function correctly, my eyes to not want to close and the over-all sluggish feeling that I am dragging myself from location to location. However my fingers are doing well from key to key so I will do all the blogging that I can without moving from place to place.

Last night- From Russia with Love had to do her play for the better part of the evening. So trick-or-treating with her younger siblings was out (that was out anyway due to the Zealotous underhanded dealings of her eldest sister). So sans plans for the evening I contacted my buddy Dubs whom I haven’t seen in quite a while. We sat around his pad and caught up on old times, watched a cool movie and South Park. After we had hung out for a while From Russia with Love called me to let me know that her play was out and she would meet me at my house. I departed Dubs’ pad and went home to spend some time with her before the day was through.

Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I need to start planning the festivities a little farther in advance. This time though I did do at least one thing original. From Russia with Love and I went to eat at E Jo. It is a very cool restaurant, and much better than it looks from the exterior. The food was spectacular. We ordered a spicy plate of stir fried something or other (the menu didn’t even have an English translation that I could see) that had octopus. For those of you who have never eaten octopus, it is an interesting experience. The tentacles were about as big as my finger, with the suction cups and all. It has a very smooth and tough texture, but when you bite into it, then it has a very bland seafood type flavor and extremely chewy. They might have cooked rubber bands for all I know, but it was good.

The movie at Dubs’ house was Behind The Mask: The rise of Leslie Vernon. It was an absolutely hilarious mock-umentary type movie with an inter view with the “horror movie slasher” character, documenting his daily routine. The chuckles were frequent, and good. After the movie we watched some South Park. It was the "Imaginationland trilogy" episodes which were laugh out loud funny as well.

School is just school, and I am in no mood to talk about that today. The Optics class is moving along slowly but surely, and the dreaded lab is tomorrow. Calculus III leaves a little to be desired lately, but there is still room for improvement.

That will just about do it for me today folks. From Russia with Love is going to spend the morning sky diving. I will let every one in on her sky adventures later. Also, I have not been keeping track of the days that it's been since I have had a RockStar, but the resolution is going well. I have not had any and feeling great, with the exception of this morning.

T

No comments: