Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Bump on a (B)log.

Today was a day of some much needed rest and relaxation.

After From Russia with Love woke me up at the crack of 10:30, we spent the morning pretty much doing nothing and napping, and between all of that- more nothing. Well, I spent the morning doing nothing, she was being cute as always. We had lunch on the patio and then it was off to work for her, to return later this evening.

Needless to say, it was very restful.

Also a day to reflect on the summer events (per the request of some of my readers- I love you Auntie L.)!

After a fantastic and fun week in San Francisco (I will have pictures up soon, and will send you them Auntie L) with my Aunt (the family stayed with my Aunt, I had a hotel because cats are my Kryptonite-ha ha). From Russia with Love and I went to a horse show. It was mostly an educational (and entertaining!) seminar by Pat Parelli (who before this turn of events I thought was a brand of shampoo). From Russia with Love thoroughly enjoyed herself, and as I grudgingly admit- so did I.

Horse training I will say is a lot more complicated than I thought. And the demonstrations were interesting as well- a lot more than sit, fetch, and play dead. All making From Russia with Love want to work with them more. Unfortunately our living situations do not permit her actually having one at this time, I told her as long as I don’t have to shovel up after it I will try and get her whatever she wants down the road (or trail- ha ha again).

And incase you were all wondering: I finally went to see the Halloween remake. And you have to hand it to Rob Zombie- he has talent. And his wife Sheri Moon Zombie: she can act. And act pretty well. Who would have thought? A lot of the online reviews for the movie said it was terrible, but I don’t usually trust critics as far as I can throw them (which isn’t very far). Why did he remake a horror classic you might ask? To bring new elements to a story. He re did the first half of the movie to be about the childhood of the killer to add a “Jeffery Dahmer” aspect to him. Which is weird actually having the monster as a “character” instead of a guy in a mask chasing unsuspecting teenagers. The end of the movie did follow the typical slasher movie formula, but it was suspenseful instead of just gory and laughable. So if you want to be creeped out and have your pants scared off, this is a must see.

And that will pretty much do it for me today. I plan on studying the rest of the evening and helping my Mom clean the house. (I’ sure you’re worried about how that will go! Ha ha for the third time).

Love T

No comments: