Monday, September 3, 2007

Miscellaneous mental meanderings.

At work, and it's slow again. Finished up the rest of my homework. And before you start- no I have no intention of going over it again- by brain is officially fried for the evening. In a point of fact, it may be work forcing my mind to operate at half speed. from Friday to the end of this evening I will have been here for 36 hours. I know, that's gross.


So what will I write about with such limited mental capacity? -Cartoons!! And movies!!!


The Venture bros. Third season is in full production and that has made me more giddy than I can possibly explain with words. The continuing adventures of Hank and Dean Venture and their pill popping failure father Dr. Venture can become a pivotal point in the entertainment aspect of your life. It definitely has mine. The show is probably one of my favorite cartoons, and quite possibly one of the greatest cartoons ever made. One of the shows creators and writers has a blog as well, if you are interested and a fan of the show: http://jacksonpublick.livejournal.com/

Still have not seen Rob Zombie's Halloween remake. Last night I tried very hard to convince From Russia With Love to go see it with me, but she refused (she was not under the influence of alcohol). It is very hard to convince her to see movies of that nature without the promise of a few brain cells perishing along with the unsuspecting teenagers on the big screen. Although, the brain cells suffer a less violent and a more believable fate.


The only motivation the actors would require in a movie like that is : "you don't want to die." then "Que the red corn syrup and- ACTION!" Then we get screams and gallons of fake blood and "CUT!". Ed Wood, eat your heart out (not literally, they may be saving that for the sequel). That is the making of all sorts of movies that give me that stupid grin- the kind I love. Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy a good scare every now and them, but it just takes a lot (and a lot more than this movie will have to offer). - see Evil Dead 2 for further such entertainment. And Leprechaun in the hood. And Child's play 4. And The Granny. And such.


On other movie notes: Sin City 2 has been pushed back to '09. Bummer.

One thing that I have found to be beneficial about blogging is that it is highly meditative. letting ones inner monologue run rampant on miscellaneous subjects like some kind of rabid animal. And no vaccine required! Unless you are a reader of my blog, then you might want to look into a shot of penicillin after, but I do my best to make it worth the while. So that's all I can muster this evening.


And that's the show folks!


T

No comments: