Saturday, January 19, 2008

School and the Attack of the Dissapointing

Well everyone, I know it’s been a while since I posted. I am going to keep up on that more now that school is in. So first off is the checklist:

Quantum Mechanics- this class is getting more interesting. And I’m not goona lie, I am taking a break from the home work to type this. I just couldn’t handle any more probability integrals for the time being.

Thermodynamics- still waiting for the bookstore to get the stupid book in. that frustrates me to no end. It’s a new edition, so finding one used is terribly unlikely, and I have it on order, just taking forever. The class itself is covering molecule behavior with different pressures and temperatures for gasses.

Theoretical Electromagnetism- is quite interesting. I have to do more reading to, well, “understand” a lot of what is being said. Moreover, it’s complicated and I need some review.

Movies:

Blair-Zilla. I mean Cloverfield (sorry, my bad). I did not really care for this movie. When I first heard the premise, which is a giant monster of sorts attacks New York and the movie is basically the home video recordings of a group trying to survive the attack, I was disappointed. I went with the vein hope of being surprised with something new, or there being some other reason that this movie was made other than to re-hash the done-before and re-package it as new, and was disappointed again. The home video angle was done already with the Blair Witch Project, and they did not even try to put another angle on that, just home video stuff. That and the giant monster was a reptilian looking thing that busted up buildings and such. Sounds like Godzilla to me. So, Mr. Abrams, what is better that ripping off one movie? Ripping off TWO movies. The movie was well acted, had good effects, and yada yada yada, but the lack of originality was staggering. Just mixing things already done before with no new elements. Wait for the dollar theatre everyone.

That’s my evenings 2 cents.

T

No comments: