Friday, October 12, 2007

Out and About, Optimism and a Failure.

Good news everyone! It wasn’t the flu! I was just getting caught up on some badly needed rest I suppose. I feel right as rain today. And speaking of today, let’s get started shall we:

My Dad woke me up at about 10am this morning to inform me that he was taking my car to be inspected. Having no plans, I thought it would be a good idea to spend some time with my father. We went to the bank, gas station, post office, Mom’s work and to the emissions inspection place. I know that sounded like a narrative from a third grade book report, but a good time was had. There’s really not much else to say. Except about the emissions place. Buddy failed! They even had to bother to put in big red official and humiliating letters at the top ‘REJECTED’, which makes you feel like being tarred and feathered would be a less embarrassing fate. Apparently it just needs a tune-up though. That surprised me at first, and I wanted to explain to the mechanic that we had brought in a car and not a piano (bud-ump-tish). After that I went to Beans & Brews to review and brush up on some school work. That served no other purpose than to remind me how glad I am to be that I’m on break and what little time I have left for doing all that nothing that I wanted to do. I left Beans & Brews heavily caffeinated and went to have lunch with From Russia with Love, then home to take a nap before work. And now here I sit at work until 1am. I don’t mind though, it’s slow and I get to blog.

That’s the show folks. I will be off to Lagoon tomorrow and will let all of you know how that goes.

T

No comments: