Friday, October 12, 2007

Amusment park, Work and Mental Outings

What to chat about tonight? Well, today was nice, even though I slept most of the day. I woke up at the crack of 11am and had something to eat, then From Russia with Love came over for a while. After she had some lunch as well, we went to the IKEA store to pick up a goat skin thingy for her youngest sister’s Halloween costume, and of course to meander around a little bit because we really hadn’t been through the entire store. I have to say I was a little disappointed. Most of the stuff seemed tacky and poorly put together, but there were a few good things. Just nothing I couldn’t live without.

Yesterday we had a work outing. “Just to enjoy everyone’s company outside of work” as the boss lady put it. And we did, a good time was had by all. We went bowling of all things, so I got a chance to show off my excellent bowling skills. The second game I scored a 73, a personal best (start laughing…..NOW!). Yeah, I suck at bowling but it was still fun to be with friends. I also feel a little blessed that I get along with my co-workers as well as I do. It really makes a place fun to work at, no matter how bad the job sucks.

It would also seem that I have been working on this post for two days, so please enjoy. Just kidding all, the clock just turned past midnight mid-paragraph above. So technically I was correct. It’s not in what you say; it’s how you say it.

I also traded some shifts around so I could go take From Russia with Love to Lagoon because she has been nagging me to do so for a while (just kidding honey, you weren’t nagging- I love you). We also will have some company there as well. I was having some coffee with my buddy Steve-O, and he mentioned that he has season passes, so we invited him along with us. And while I was in the midst of trading hours off at work, my buddy there (Dr.MookieLove) informed me that he also had plans to go on that day as well. So Saturday is shaping up to be better and better. Assuming that I feel well of course (I was unusually tired and a little achy today, I hope it was from the bowling and lack of sleep- not the flu- that everyone around me at work and home seems to be getting. Including From Russia with Love, whom is on the recovering end of the sniffles).

Tomorrow is probably going to be a little uneventful. I plan on taking a check to the bank, paying my tuition and doing some studying (not because I need to, just so I’m not rusty when school starts again next week). And I’m probably going to commence work on the dark room which is for the time being just a lot of heavy lifting and shifting of boxes and miscellaneous crap. “Sounds like a good time to me” he said with a sarcastic smirk. At least it will take my mind off of the cabin fever I’ve had the past few days, and hopefully not on a real fever.

T

No comments: