Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Mental Re-Bound

What can I say? Work and school have had me in knots and 3 places at once, all requiring 4 hands and 2 brains. So It is going to be a little short today.

Work is going well, they doubled our work load on one of our duties. That is going to make it a little harder to do homework and blog here. Just when I get some free time. I may have to start blogging somewhere else. That’s all there is to tell about work today, so lets get started on school:

Calculus III- the test went fairly well. The only thing I can gripe about on that is the study guide. The professor gave us a sheet to go over, and the biggest portions on that paper were the smallest on the test, and the smaller “blurbs” were half of the exam. Needless to say, there were area’s that I under studied for. I’m just thankful for partial credit. Also on that subject, I think he did that because most of the material is not that difficult and you can’t have 40 A’s on a curve. It just doesn’t work that way. Still a little under-handed in my opinion.

Lab for PS & E II- the competent lab partner has returned. He didn’t withdraw as I had previously thought- just slept through the alarm clock a few too many times. So the lab went well. This time it was calculating the electron charge to mass ratio by accelerating them through a helium filled glass bubble. It was pretty cool looking, not very unlike the picture here on my blog. It was nice to have some one who knows what they are doing, and not dragging dead weight around (this means you Pud John Paul Jackass!).

Modern Optics I & II- the labs are grueling and this new section we are getting into has got my head spinning. The home work that I did Monday and Tuesday took me ‘I don’t know how many hours’ instead of the usual 2. And the lab is coming up Friday, so I will un-doubted-ly be able to fill much of this page with all sorts of drawn out pissings and moanings.

Other stuff- last night my goal was to do a grand lot of nothing and give my brain a rest. Mission accomplished. Tonight I am going to try again to go see 30 Days of Night. For those of you who are not familiar with what that is (I’m guessing most of you- except From Russia with Love- who I have a feeling is dreading to see it- I love you honey, hehehe) is a new movie about vampires that word of mouth speaks well of in high volumes. I will let all of you know what I thought, moreover give you an e-Piece-of-my-mind here on my e-soapbox.

T

No comments: