Friday, December 19, 2008

Crispy!

Good evening (morning actually),

Well, finals are done and I am just waiting for the grades to roll in at this point. So what else have I been doing? Well, aside from work, not much. Except last night was an interesting sight.

I was fast asleep with From Russia with Love, and it was about 4:30 in the morning, and my mom knocked on my door:

“M.S.! Look out your window!”

And of course the adrenaline was going at this point, and I sat up and looked out my window. The view was normal, houses, trees and snow, all in the nights quiet. Then I looked just above the tree line of the houses across the street. There was billowing clouds of smoke and huge flames coming from someone’s roof!

(I forgot to grab the camera in the midst of the excitement, but thanks to today’s computer technology, I have managed to re-create the scene with a huge amount of accuracy):




Don’t worry, it was the fire engines that woke everyone, so we did not have to make any calls. We just watched the show, and hoped everyone got out ok.

The next morning, I found out the house was vacant and had been for sale for quite some time. So, fortunately, no one was hurt and there was no significant loss… except for the house of course. But being the fact that it was vacant, doesn’t that raise any eyebrows!?! Just thinking out loud of course… any way; here was the sight this morning:




T

1 comment:

labrythyne said...

i'm glad you were able to recreate the scene with the high technology at your disposal. :D