Sunday, May 18, 2008

About A Sunday…

Well, good evening everyone.

It was supposed to be a hot one today. I don’t remember what exactly the temperature was supposed to be, or what it was for that matter. But it was hot. This excites me, because as you all know, I love summer. From Russia with Love calls me a lizard. I can just sit and bask in the hot desert air for hours.

Summer time also means (here in Utah at least) that it is time for the seasonal festivities. Aside from the standard national holidays and such, we have our own special summer fun, and it runs almost completely to the verge of winter. I am talking about, of course, road construction. Where, at the right time of day, you can see people in their cars, sweltering and sweating in their little metal hot boxes, all stacked at ends in a sea of orange cones and orange signs, all crashing on the bluffs of heavy machinery.

Road Work Ahead: Use Caution

Work is going well, despite a few hang-ups. The first, being that one of my co-workers slipped in our break room and tore a bunch of Latin Words in her knee. And when I say that they are objects with no English name, that means two things:

1. That they are small and had to be ‘discovered’ so to speak, by someone who is a doctor and also slightly pretentious.

2. That any damage to these things is going to be excruciatingly painful. In fact, I would not be surprised if these things have salt and lemon juice, and those automatically rub into the torn area.

So, I am here for a grand total of 12 hours today, and 8 yesterday. Thankfully it was on a weekend, and a weekend when From Russia with Love is out of town. The only other thing to complain about here is the fact that we may have to do away with one of the shifts on the desk that I work. That means even more phone time… sigh.

Annoyances Ahead: Use Patience

The upside of this is the fact that I am going to be off for most of this week, and I will have more time to spend with my girl (I love you honey!). And not only that, but my friend Bubbles will be coming in to town this weekend, so I will be spending at least one night partying hard. And not only that again, but my Aunt L. will be coming in this weekend too! And I don’t have to work much at all!! Hoorah!

Reunions Ahead: Use Excitement

School is going well actually. Not having a class start until June is nice. That gave me some more free time to get some things in order that I needed to do. Most of them have been completed, like Artie’s new cage, and I only have a few more things to go before all is right with the world. Or at least my ‘room world’ anyways. But as soon as the second week of June hits and my other class starts, things are going to go back to the old ‘busy school days’ again. The class I have now is supposed to get drastically tougher, and the math class that will start soon is a little ‘compacted’ for the summer schedule. This is going to make things quite hectic.

Long Nights Ahead: Use Coffee

That will pretty much do it for me today. I know that most of this can be seen in yesterday’s post, but I just don’t have a lot to tell. Unless you really want to know the dirty details of my lab class error homework, or the staffing grind at my work… yeah, I thought not.

Pointless Post Above: Use Disappointment

T

No comments: